Shabbat Morning Services in Person
These services do now take place in the Beit Tefillah. There are strict rules governing how the service can be safe for you, but if you would like to be part of a minyan back in the premises and it is safe for you to do so, please ensure you register. Please note that only those congregants who register by the Wednesday before the service will be allowed entry in order to protect the safety of all.
We will be allocating seats based on the reason for attending.
Please note that due to government guidelines the following requirements are necessary when attending in person
- You will be required to give your name on the gate. Please do not touch the buzzer, the gate will be opened for you. Your name MUST be on the list. Do not bring anyone else with you.
- The service will be held in the main synagogue – Beit Tefillah. You will enter via the gallery/car park entrance, NOT the front door. You are required to wear a mask upon entering the building and at all times while inside the premises. Hand sanitiser will be placed inside the entry, please use this before going in.
- Seats will be arranged at 2m space. We have to insist that the seats are not moved as we maintain this social distancing.
- It is not necessary and you should not bring your own book. There will be a siddur on the chair. After the service please place your book in the designated place before leaving.
- Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to move between the chairs to talk to other worshippers before or during the service. Please do not approach the service leader nor members of the choir. After the service and once outside the synagogue building you can of course talk to your fellow worshippers as you would do in your normal current routine and as allowed by current government regulations
- Singing is not allowed under the current guidelines but reading is.
- After the service leave the way you came in, observing social distancing measures and go directly to the front gate. Please maintain social distancing until you have left the site.
We are aware that this may not be like any other service you may have attended before, this is unusual for all of us. As this is a fluid situation, we will be reviewing the steps we have taken to ensure your safety, on a regular basis.Register here