Shabbat Morning Service In Person
Saturday 26 September for a maximum of 30 people from 10:30-12:00.
These shortened services do not take place in the Beit Tefillah, but, just like the Sunday service, are lay-led and take place in the Community Centre. There are strict rules governing how the service can be safe for you, but if you would like to be part of a minyan back in the premises, please ensure you register. Please note that only those congregants who register by the Wednesday before the service will be allowed entry in order to protect the safety of all.
Should more than 30 people register to attend we will prioritise those who have suffered a recent bereavement, are commemorating a yarzheit or celebrating a life cycle simchah. Please note this on the form when you register.
Please register your attendance below.
Please note that due to government guidelines the following requirements are necessary when attending in person –
1. You will be required to give your name on the gate. Please do not touch the buzzer, the gate will be opened for you.
2. The service will be held in the upstairs community centre. You will not need to touch the door of the community centre as it will be open. You are required to wear a mask upon entering the building and at all times while inside the premises. Hand sanitiser will be placed inside the entry, please use this before going upstairs.
3. If possible please do not use the lift. If you need to use the lift (only one person at a time), please use gloves to press the floor number.
4. The double doors to the upstairs hall will be open. Please try not to touch the doors.
5. Seats will be arranged at 2m space. We have to insist that the seats are not moved as we maintain this social distancing.
6. It is not necessary and you should not bring your own book. There will be a siddur on the chair. After the service please place your book in the designated place before leaving.
7. Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to move between the chairs to talk to other worshippers before or during the service. Please do not approach the service leader for a chat. After the service and once outside the synagogue building you can of course talk to your fellow worshippers as you would do in your normal current routine.
8. Singing is not allowed under the current guidelines but reading is. The leader of the service will be wearing a mask and will therefore be permitted to sing softly.
9. After the service leave the way you came in, observing social distancing measures and go directly to the front gate. Please maintain social distancing until you have left the site.
We are aware that this may not be like any other service you may have attended before, this is unusual for all of us. As this is a fluid situation, we will be reviewing the steps we have taken to ensure your safety, on a regular basis.